Clerk's Office

Powers and duties of Municipal Clerk:

Dog Licenses

Per NJ State Statues, all dogs must be licensed annually. The Clerk's Office mails renewal notices in early January for all dogs registered the previous year. The annual fee is $12 + an additional $3 if a dog is not neutered/spayed. Proof of rabies vaccines are also required with a duration of immunity which extends through the tenth month of the calendar year. (**Please check the website in early January as the Clerk's office annually hosts a Free Rabies Clinic for both dogs and cats)

Licenses for the next calendar year cannot be issued until that calendar year (ex. 2023 licenses could not be issued in 2022). Licenses must be obtained by January 31st each year. A late fee of $15 will be assessed for licenses purchased after that date, unless the dog was obtained later in the year. There is no grace period. New residents and new dog owners may click HERE for the application.

Licenses can be obtained by mail or in the Clerk's Office, located on the 2nd Floor of the Town Hall Complex at 49 Union Street. We accept cash and check only.

Please notify this office if you move or if your dog has passed away so that we may update our records.

Open Public Records Requests (OPRA)

The Clerk's Office processes all request for copies of any Township records. Click HERE for the Request Form Application. Please note that State law allows Medford Township up to (7) business days to accommodate requests.

Clerk’s Office

Raffle Permits

Any non-profit organization that wishes to hold a raffle/50-50/Chinese Auction, etc. in Medford must obtain a permit in accordance with State Games of Chance laws . Organizations must be registered with the New Jersey Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission. NJ Division of Consumer Affairs.

When applying for a raffle permit, please allow at least ten weeks for the process to be completed once the application has been submitted to the Clerk's office. A Police investigation is required before the Municipal Clerk can approve. After approval, applications are then forwarded to the NJ State Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission. There is a fourteen day waiting period after the application is submitted to the LGCCC before the permit will be granted.

Voter Registration & Elections

Residents of Medford Township 18 years of age and older are eligible to vote in any local, County, State and Federal elections. Elections are overseen by the Burlington County Board of Elections. Residents may click Here to download a Voter Registration Application; vote by mail (absentee ballots) or obtain party affiliation forms. These forms are also available in the Clerk's Office in the Municipal Building.

If you are registered to vote and are unsure where your polling place is located use this link: Polling Place Locator.

Vacant/Abandoned & Foreclosed Property Registration

Ordinance 2023-17, adopted by the Township Council in November 2023 updated Chapter 53 of the Medford Township Administrative Code for Properties in foreclosure that are vacant and/or abandoned. This Ordinance is consistent with NJ Public Law under the N.J.S.A.

Per § 53-15, the fee schedule is as follows:
A. The initial registration fee for an abandoned property shall be $500 and shall be prorated for registration statements received less than 10 months prior to the due date.

B. Vacant property registration fee schedule.
(1) Initial registration: $500.
(2) First renewal: $1,000.
(3) Second subsequent renewal: $2,500.
(4) Any subsequent renewal: $5,000.

C. Registration fee schedule for creditor of residential or commercial properties.
(1) Initial Registration: $500 per property that is required to be registered because a summons and complaint in an action to foreclose was filed.
(2) An additional $2,000 per property if the property is vacant and abandoned when the summons and complaint in an action to foreclose is filed, or becomes vacant and abandoned at any time thereafter.

All creditors must register said properties with the Township Clerk's Office and also must secure and maintain the property. Ordinance 2023-17 can be found HERE; and the Registration Form may be found HERE.

Other Permits & Licenses

The Clerk's Office also processes Road Opening Permit applications, Driveway Applications, Roadway Solicitation Permits for Charitable Organizations, and Landlord Registrations* (*There is a $20 fee that must accompany the Landlord Registration form.)

Notary Services are also available at a nominal fee.

Additional Links

Documents and Forms

Clerk's Office

Employment Application

Parks & Rec Facility Forms

Contact Information

Municipal Clerk

Tara Wicker, RMC, CMR (ext 341)

Deputy Clerk

Jessica Bolen, CMR (ext. 334)

Email: jbolen

Fax: (609) 714-1790

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Skip to content