The Food Bank of South Jersey (FBSJ) is the leader in providing safe and nutritional food to people in need throughout South Jersey. FBSJ distributes food, provides nutrition education and cooking courses, and helps food-insecure families and seniors find sustainable ways to improve their lives.
Our Health and Wellness Department is offering FREE virtual classes and we are asking for your help to promote the classes on your website, calendar, events page or any other means you have to reach families.
View current offerings here: https://bit.ly/FBSJHW
Facts about our classes:
- We offer a variety of evidence based classes for kids, teens, families, adults and seniors
- The classes are free to all participants
- Participants will receive a free bag of groceries or other incentive items delivered to their door after participating in our class
An exciting new course that we are about to begin is our virtual PreventT2 program. PreventT2 is a Center for Disease Control lifestyle program designed to help reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
We will have four class offerings.
- Mondays at 6 pm – Spanish only
- Tuesday 12:30 pm and 6:30 pm
- Saturday at 12 pm
Facts about PreventT2
- Developed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Division of Diabetes Translation
- Lifestyle change program delivered by trained coaches
- Year-long, with weekly meetings for the first 4 months, then once or twice a month for the following 8 months
- Designed for people who are pre-diabetic or at high risk for type 2 diabetes and want to lower their risk
This is a highly incentivized program with participants earning a $20 gift card each session, plus bonus gift cards for reaching goals.