Due to the forecast for a significant snowfall through Tuesday morning; Medford Township officials are advising residents of the following service delivery interruptions:
- Trash collection is delayed by one day, as the Trash vendor has advised they cannot collect today (Tuesday). They ask that residents put containers out on their regular day, however, please do NOT put containers on the road, as it affects our ability to plow. If your collection is missed altogether, please contact the trash contractor directly: Casworth Enterprises 856-848-3505 or email@example.com.
- The Public Works Facility/Garage/Dump is closed tomorrow (Tuesday), as ALL personnel are being reassigned to snowstorm related efforts. There will be no bulk trash drop-off tomorrow morning.
- Municipal Offices will be opening two hours late on Tuesday morning, February 17th.
- The Cranberry Hall Senior Center is closed.
- The Freedom Park Dog Park and Skatepark are closed.
The Township’s snow removal policies/procedures are posted here on the Township website: www.medfordtownship.com/content/233/251/325.aspx.
Please note in these guidelines that some roads within Medford are State or County roads, and thus are the responsibilities of those agencies to plow etc. Issues on those roads should be reported to those agencies. Please be mindful that there are 150+ miles of roadway in Medford, not all roads can be immediately cleared – please allow us time to get the job done.
The Police Department will also be enforcing Township Code 129-3; which prohibits anyone from shoveling, blowing or plowing snow from private property onto sidewalks, streets and roadways, and fire hydrants of the Township.
The Township website also includes a Service Request system that provides online reporting of issues. One of the categories is snow removal issues, along with downed trees. Electrical and cable wires should be reported directly to the utility companies involved. The Submit Service Request page is available here: www.medfordtownship.com/servicerequest. There is important and helpful information/tips at the Ready Burlington County website (www.readycomm.org), and the Medford specific Ready page (hwww.readycomm.org/your-township-or-municipality/medford/) on preparing for storms, contact info for power companies in the event of need to report outages, and more...take a look.
If the weather forecasts are realized, Township personnel will have a challenging job ahead. To help them, please adhere to the following:
- Park ALL vehicles off the roadway to facilitate plowing.
- Railroad ties, sprinkler heads, mailboxes, curbing, etc., by the road edge should be marked with reflective markers that are 24" to 36" in height so they can be seen by the snow plow driver. The Township is not responsible for damage if area is not properly marked.
- Take Monday to check and obtain essential supplies. If you don't have to go out later Monday and during the day tomorrow, please stay off the roads and let the plow trucks do their job.
- After the snowstorm passes, please remember to clear your sidewalks for those on foot.
The Township administration & staff appreciates your cooperation.