5/22/2020 - UPDATE ON USE OF MEDFORD MUNICIPAL PARKS, RECREATIONAL FACILITIES & OPEN SPACE AREAS-5/22/20
UPDATE ON USE OF MEDFORD MUNICIPAL PARKS, RECREATIONAL FACILITIES & OPEN SPACE AREAS
MAY 22, 2020
The Medford Township Council & Manager announced updated guidelines for use of municipally owned parks, recreational facilities, and open space areas.
Effective at dawn Saturday morning, May 23rd:
• All Township owned athletic fields will be opened with the following conditions:
o All social distancing guidelines must be followed.
o Face coverings are recommended.
o The Township owned tennis courts located in Headwater Village will open early next week when
Township workers will install the nets.
o Per the Governor’s Executive Orders, absolutely no organized activities, including but not limited to, practices, games, scrimmages and training sessions.
• All basketball courts remain closed.
• The skate park at Freedom Park remains closed.
• The hockey rink at Hartford Crossing Park remains closed.
• All bathroom buildings, pavilions, and playgrounds in the parks remain closed.
To minimize contact between individuals and to protect the health and safety of residents & park visitors, we ask for everyone's cooperation and compliance. Medford Township does reserve the right to amend the use of these facilities if the above requirements are not adhered to.