UPDATE: 6/8/2020 - The DPW yard is now open Monday through Friday from 7 am to 2 pm. In an effort to protect our employees and allow patrons to dispose of their household items and debris safely, the following policies will be in effect:
- All patrons must wear a mask or face covering when entering the yard and maintain this covering until they exit the yard.
- Patrons will enter the yard through the main gate on Commonwealth Drive and exit through the rear gate to Gravelly Hollow Road.
- Patrons will exit their vehicle upon entering the gate and provide their ID to the gate attendant. Once your address is confirmed, patrons will be directed to the designated disposal area for the items they need to dispose of.
- In an effort to maintain social distancing and allow residents to dispose of their items safely, a limited number of patrons will be allowed at each respective disposal area.
- Residents MUST bring assistance with them to help unload heavy or oversize items. Yard staff WILL NOT assist with removing or disposal of any items.
- Residents with trailer loads of brush may be permitted to enter as the disposal area is larger and separate from regular household waste.
- The yard will close at 2:00 pm and residents who are still in line may be turned away and asked to return the next day.
- Residents who do not comply with these rules will be denied entry.
As we know this is a difficult time for everybody, we will do our best to accommodate as many residents at a time; providing they meet the criteria outlined above. Residents with questions, may contact the Department of Neighborhood Services at 609-654-6791, extensions 316 or 325.
The DPW Yard is located at 2 Commonwealth Drive. (off of Gravelly Hollow Road behind Bob Meyer Park).
The yard will also be open on the third Saturday of each month from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm, and also the 1st Saturday from April thru October (with the exception of August). Click HERE for more details.
5/28/2020 Update: Brush collection for 2020 begins on March 30th. The Spring collection schedule is as follows:
Zone 2: COMPLETE 4/6/2020
Zone 1: COMPLETE 4/22/2020
Zone 3: COMPLETE 5/14/2020
Zone 5: COMPLETE 5/27/2020
Zone 4: Week of May 25
The Neighborhood Services Department will alert the public via Nixle alerts as they complete each Zone or if they experience delays. Each street will be collected once.
Township Code states “All brush shall be stored on a resident's property and shall not be placed at the roadside earlier than 10 days preceding the Monday of the scheduled collection week.”
Brush placed at the street for collection outside of these collection dates will not be collected. As a reminder for those residents who utilize a private contractor, the contractor is responsible for the removal of the brush from the property.
(Public Works and Water & Sewer Utilities, inc. Sanitation, Roads, Parks, Buildings & Grounds, and Recycling)
**Please refer to the downloadable 2019 Departmental Informational Brochure on the right sidebar or our web page for more details and the dates for Brush and Leaf collection programs**
Automated Trash Removal (Sanitation)
Curbside trash pick-up is provided once a week by the Gold Medal Company of Deptford, NJ. Please click HERE for the map for the day by day neighborhood collection schedule.
On your scheduled trash day, please place your trash container out for collection no later than 6:00 a.m. Containers should be removed by 6:00 pm the day of the collection.
Container handles should face the house and be at least 3 feet away from mailboxes or lamp post to avoid damage to both.
Place container clear of vehicles, trees, fire hydrants and recycling pails. Also, due to safety concerns relating to above ground utility wires,
Medford Township is requesting that residents do not place their trash containers under any hanging utility wires.
In many areas the automated trash trucks do not have enough clearance to safely and effectively lift and dump the cans.
Medford Township and the Gold Medal company appreciate your cooperation on this very important safety issue.
On the following holidays, trash collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of that week: New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
For example, if New Years Day is a Tuesday, Tuesdays collection will be changed to Wednesday; Wednesday's collection to Thursday, Thursday's to Friday; and Friday's to Saturday.
No container should be placed at the roadside earlier than the evening of the day preceding a scheduled collection day. Containers must be free of all vegetation and recyclables.
(See Recycling page for more information)
*****If your trash collection is missed, or if your trash can is damaged and in need of repairs, please contact the Gold Medal Company directly at 856-784-5050 or 866-410-7575 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bulk Trash Pick-Up
Bulk Trash collection services are also provided by Gold Medal Enterprises. This service is available to residential properties two (2) times per month; either of the 1st & 3rd Wednesday or the 2nd & 4th Wednesday.
If you are located in Area "A," pick ups are scheduled on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays. If you are located in Area "B," pick-ups are scheduled on the 2nd & 4th Wednesdays on the month. Please click HERE for a map with the Areas.
Residents must schedule a pick-up in advance; no later than noon on the Monday preceding the Wednesday pick-up request. Please use our Citizen Service Request program (Click HERE); e-mail BulkPickup@medfordtownship.com or
call 609-654-6791 x316 or x322.
Please keep in mind that Medford's Bulk Collection program is NOT for the purpose of removing demolition or construction projects. The intended purpose is to assist residents in removing normal household items such as furniture and other large items too big to fit in the trash containers. Our current policy allows for the pickup of 2 large items (furniture) and/or 5 other allowable items. Whole house move-in/move-out cleaning is not permitted.
Please do not place items to curb until the night before your collection day. And as always if you have a question please feel free to contact us at the number on the right.
There are restrictions and exclusions to this service, including construction debris, and recyclables such as televisions and computers.
The State of New Jersey's Clean Energy Program offers free pick-up plus rebates for recycling certain appliances such as refrigerators. Check their website for more details. (www.njcleanenergy.com/recycling)
Residents are encouraged to consider donating usable items to a local charity such as Goodwill, located on Old Marlton Pike & Hartford Road; or Purple Heart, one of several which will pick-up items to be donated.
There are also several social media sites such as Medford 08055 Yard Sale on Facebook or Freecycle.
The Street Cleaning Program runs annually from April through October in order for Medford Township to be in compliance with NJ State Stormwater Management regulations.
The Township sweeps the commercial and downtown streets once per month during these times. Neighborhood streets are not included in the street sweeping program.
Burlington County oversees the recycling collection program for Medford Township. Click HERE for our Recycling page with more information. You may also call the County Recycling Hotline at 609-267-6889 or their
Recycling Office at 609-499-1001 weekdays between 9 am and 5 pm.
Other Misc. Concerns
- Brush & Leaf Collection - please refer to the sidebar on the right for program details and Zone/Street maps and the 2019 Departmental Brochure for the collection dates.
- Broken Street Lights- Residents are encouraged to report these directly to PSEG (1-800-436-7734) or Atlantic City Electric (1-800-833-7476) ---
- based upon the electric provider for your neighborhood. They will ask you for the Pole Number, which is located on a brass or aluminum marker affixed to every pole.
Public Service Electric & Gas (PSEG)
Report an Outage
- Potholes, Drainage Issues, Downed Trees & Limbs in a public right-of-way, Dead Animal Carcasses, Missing and/or Damaged Street Name signs-
- Please use our automated Citizen Service Request Program to notify us of any of these or similar issues.
- The system will prompt you to those situations in which immediate notification in lieu of an e-mail is required.
For Deer Carcass/Animal Removal, drainage, flooding, potholes, snow removal, and/or ice control on Route 70, please call the State Dept. of Transportation Hotline at (609) 588-6213.
(This number is operational 24 hours, 7 days a week.)
For County Roads (Route 541/Stokes/Main Street; Tuckerton Road; Taunton Blvd; Church Road; and Himmelein Road please contact the Burlington County Highway Dept. at (609) 726-7300.
Residents are reminded that basketball hoops, poles, and portable basketball sets are not permitted in the right-of-way of any roadway. You will be held liable for any damages caused by their presence.