Economic Development Commission
The Economic Development Advisory Commission (EDC) assists the Medford Township Council in the development and maintenance of a positive business environment. The group meets monthly, consulting with the Council and Manager, and collaborating with the Medford Business Association. The Economic Development Commission goals are:
1. Create and foster a business friendly atmosphere that attracts and retains appropriate retail, professional, and service firms.
2. Develop and promote an image of Medford Township as a good place for shopping, dining, recreation and doing business; all of which makes Medford a desirable place to live, work, play and raise a family
3. Develop a criteria for desirable types of business in exiting commercial areas and market opportunities to attract them
4. Facilitate communication and partnerships between businesses in specific retail areas and encourage and support strategies to increase patronage to these areas.
5. Maintain close working relationships with the Medford Business Association, the Burlington County Office of Economic Development, and various State agencies and regional Chambers of Commerce that support business development.
6. Work in coordination with Township Planning and Zoning professionals to review and modify existing Land Development Ordinances related to commercial development and operations.
To this end, we invite you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to join us at an EDC meeting.
Meetings generally take place on the Second Thursday of each month, at 7:00 P.M., in Cranberry Hall. Cranberry Hall is located behind the Municipal Building at 17 North Main Street. All regular and special meetings of the Commission shall be open to the public. Please check the "Meetings" tab on the homepage for up-to-date meeting locations and times, or contact us at email@example.com if you would like to attend a meeting.
Agendas are posted here on the Friday before each meeting.
January 9, 2020
February 13. 2020
March 12, 2020 (Cancelled due to lack of a quorum)
April & May 2020 (No meetings due to CoVid19 restrictions)
January 28, 2019
February 21, 2019 (3rd Thursday) *Cancelled
March 14, 2019
April 11, 2019
May 9. 2019
June 13, 2019
July 11, 2019
August 8, 2019
September 12, 2019
October 10, 2019
November 14, 2019
December 5, 2019 (*1st Thursday of the month)
January 22, 2018
February 26, 2018
March 26, 2018 (No meeting due to lack of quorum)
April 23, 2018
May 21, 2018 (No meeting)
June 25, 2018
July 23, 2018
August 27, 2018 (No meeting due to lack of quorum)
September 24, 2018
October 22, 2018
November 26, 2018
December (NO meeting)
March 2020 (*No meeting)
April 2020 (*No meeting)
May 2020 (*No meeting)
February 2019 (No meeting)
March 2018 (No meeting)
May 2018 (No meeting)
August 2018 (No meeting)
December 2018 (No meeting)
2020 Commission Members
Joe Burgoyne, Chair
James Previti, Vice Chair
Scott Roe, Recording Secretary
Beth Portocalis, Planning Administrator (Ex-Officio)
Contact the EDC
Please contact the EDC by emailing EDC@medfordtownship.com. You may also call (609) 654-2608 x324.
Click HERE for a PDF map of the major commercial corridors in Medford.
Click HERE for our Business Recruitment Prospectus.
Please visit our Doing Business in Medford page for business resources.
Click HERE for the Burlington County Bridge Commission's Financial Resources page for County-based businesses.
The Medford Business Association can be contacted via their website by clicking HERE.
Social Media and Your Business
The Medford Business Association and the Medford Economic Development Commission have presented four (4) free SOCIAL MEDIA AND YOUR BUSINESS! tutorials which can be viewed here online and Part II here. The Powerpoint presentation is available here. Content included "Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube, hashtags: What are they, how can they help your business reach more customers, what do you need to get started, and more!"
Medford is a participating member of both the Main Street NJ and Downtown New Jersey programs. Click HERE for more information on Main Street NJ; and HERE for more info on Downtown New Jersey.