Economic Development Commission
The Economic Development Advisory Commission (EDC) assists the Medford Township Council in the development and maintenance of a positive business environment. The group meets monthly, consulting with the Council and Manager, and collaborating with the Medford Business Association. The Economic Development Commission goals are:
1. Create and foster a business friendly atmosphere that attracts and retains appropriate retail, professional, and service firms.
2. Develop and promote an image of Medford Township as a good place for shopping, dining, recreation and doing business; all of which makes Medford a desirable place to live, work, play and raise a family
3. Develop a criteria for desirable types of business in exiting commercial areas and market opportunities to attract them
4. Facilitate communication and partnerships between businesses in specific retail areas and encourage and support strategies to increase patronage to these areas.
5. Maintain close working relationships with the Medford Business Association, the Burlington County Office of Economic Development, and various State agencies and regional Chambers of Commerce that support business development.
6. Work in coordination with Township Planning and Zoning professionals to review and modify existing Land Development Ordinances related to commercial development and operations.
To this end, we invite you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to join us at an EDC meeting.
Meetings generally take place on the fourth Monday of each month, at 7:00 P.M., in Cranberry Hall. Cranberry Hall is located behind the Municipal Building at 17 North Main Street. All regular and special meetings of the Commission shall be open to the public. Please check the "Meetings" tab on the homepage for up-to-date meeting locations and times, or contact us at email@example.com if you would like to attend a meeting.
Agendas are posted here on the Friday before each meeting.
March 2015 - Meeting cancelled due to weather
January 2016 (postponed due to snow)
February 27, 2017
2017 Commission Members
Beth Portocalis, Exec. Assistant to the Manager (Ex-Officio)
Mike Pagnotta, Chairperson
James Scott Roe
David Vaughn, Medford Business Association Liaison (Ex-Officio)
Bill Stauts, Medford Business Association Liaison (Ex-Officio)
Contact the EDC
Please contact the EDC by emailing EDC@medfordtownship.com. You may also call (609) 654-2608 x324.
Please visit our Doing Business in Medford page for business resources.
Social Media and Your Business
The Medford Business Association and the Medford Economic Development Commission have presented two (2) free SOCIAL MEDIA AND YOUR BUSINESS! tutorials which can be viewed here online and Part II here. The Powerpoint presentation is available here. Content included "Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube, hashtags: What are they, how can they help your business reach more customers, what do you need to get started, and more!".