Freedom Park Dog Run Off-Leash Area
General Guidelines & Rules
- Chapter 66 of the Medford Township Municipal Code outlines regulations regarding dogs. Failure to obey any of these codes may result in fines as provided for under this public law.
- All dogs must have current dog licenses and rabies & other vaccines as required by local law.
- Please be considerate of our neighbors and park visitors by controlling your dog at all times and observing private property and no trespassing signage. (66-6) Aggressive behavior is prohibited, as is behavior to incite frequent barking. (66-7 & 66-8)
- Owners are responsible for the removal of all dog waste matter. Please use the refuse bags provided to remove and dispose of all waste. (66-9:B)
- Young children must be closely supervised. It is recommended that children under age eight should not enter this area.
- Owners should carry a leash at all times, and all dogs must be leashed when preparing to leave and once outside this dog run area. (66-9:A)
- 3 dog maximum per visitor allowed in the dog run.
- For safety reasons, please do not feed your dog in this area
- Owners must fill all holes dug by their dog.
- The following are NOT ALLOWED in this Dog Run area:
- NO unattended dogs. Dogs must be supervised by persons of at least 16 years of age.
- NO sick dogs
- NO female dogs in heat. All un-neutered males must be closely supervised.
- NO puppies under 4 months of age.
- NO people food.
- NO glass containers.
- NO spike or choke collars.
Each owner is responsible for his/her dog(s). Enter and use at your own risk, as Medford Township is not liable for injuries to persons or animals in this area.
If you would like additional information please call the Medford Recreation Department at (609) 654-2512.
Thank you for keeping your pets under control and for cleaning up after them. Your cooperation is important in order to protect pets, parks, and people.